Rack rocket, GDPR and you,
We understand how important personal data protection is and the right to privacy when online and as such we welcome the latest EU regulation to strengthen these protections for individuals. We have completed a thorough review of the legal and technical impacts of the GPDR to ensure compliance, where necessary we have made any required adjustments to our products, services, and documentation to ensure compliance with GDPR and giving our customers better control over their personal data and strengthening the protection of our customers information.
1. What is GDPR ?
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a European regulation designed to strengthen privacy and personal data protections for all individuals within the EU.
2. Who does GDPR effect ?
GDPR applies to organizations located within the EU, as well as organizations located outside of the EU that offer goods or services to, or monitor the behaviour of, individuals within the EU. It applies to all companies processing and holding the personal data of individuals residing in the EU regardless of the company’s location. ‘Personal data’ is any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify a person. It can be anything from a name, photo, email address or bank details to posts on social networking websites, medical information or a computer IP address.
3. Your rights under GDPR,
Under the GDPR, you have:
- The right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- Be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- The right to restrict processing;
- The right to data portability;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Orights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see below).
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
To enforce any of the foregoing rights or if you have any other questions about Our Site or GDPR, please contact Us by email at email@example.com, by telephone on 0330 058 2558, or by post at 1 Davy Rd, Plymouth PL6 8BX. Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data We hold about you.
4. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
In the event that We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, You have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing their own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us. This right does not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given you explicit consent.